Nextt is a growing organisation providing vital support that makes a significant difference to the lives of vulnerable people in the community. For over 15 years, Nextt has been organizing important services for elderly people, those with a disability and those with a mental illness. This support assists people in the pursuit of personal goals and growth. Nextt also provides specialist services for children and assistance for busy families.
About the role:
Providing assistance to our clients in our Supported Accommodation sight in Davidson, Nextt offers variety and choice with shifts that include self care support, domestic assistance, transport assistance, community access, and respite.
Skill and capacity building is the focus of the work. Some participants just need some support to gain independence and move closer to their dreams. The participant group includes all ages and circumstances so new workers can grow and learn. Some programs support young people transitioning from school to work as well as children and older people on the autism spectrum.
The hours of work vary and include weekday shifts, evening and weekend shifts as well as overnight hours. Penalty rates apply on weekends, Public Holidays and after 8 pm. This is an opportunity to work with other professionals, learn and advance your career.
- Must have a certificate 3 or 4 in Individual Support, Disability or Community Services (or currently studying)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Clear National Police check issued within the last 12 months
- Working with Children Check
- Valid Australian drivers licence and reliable transport
- Passion and commitment to provide services for those with a disability or mental illness
- Mobile phone with internet access
- The right to work in Australia
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Support Worker who is passionate about providing support to people with a disability and who aligns with our values of acting with integrity and being committed and responsive.
If you meet the above criteria, please APPLY NOW!
The Nextt Group of Companies values diversity and is an equal opportunity Employer