Lizard Children's Centre, a wholly owned subsidiary of AAA Nextt Group Pty Ltd., is one of Australia's leading providers of evidence-based intervention for young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related developmental delays. And there is currently an exciting opportunity for a casual Behaviour Therapist to work in their Centre in Melbourne.
If you have experience and a passion for working with children and are looking for regular casual work we would love to hear from you!
The successful candidate will live near the following suburbs and be looking for casual work on a regular weekly basis:
- Croydon South
- Boxhill South
- Narre Warren
About the role
As Behaviour Therapist you implement high quality applied behaviour analysis (ABA) sessions in a child's home, day care or school following our Lizard model. This includes both structured and naturalistic teaching, collecting, recording and graphing all data as advised by the Program Supervisor and implementing any Behaviour Intervention Plans. In addition, as Behaviour Therapist you will attend our Centre in Camberwell once a month to participate actively in clinics which are attended by the family and clinical team.
The successful candidate:
- Demonstrates an ability to relate and play in an appropriate manner with children. This could include previous experience as a youth worker, working in a school, babysitting, caring for siblings etc.;
- Could be a student or graduate of an Allied Health discipline looking for work related to your field of study;
- Or has previous experience working with clients with ASD and wish to further develop your career in this area;
- Show an ability to develop and maintain a positive and objective relationship with a child's family;
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with colleagues and families.
Why Work for Lizard?
- You will have the rewarding experience of changing the lives of children and their families;
- You will receive full in-house training from our team of Board Certified Behaviour Analysts and Clinicians before being placed on to our programs;
- The opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team of like-minded professionals, including BCBAs and SLPs;
- Career development in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis.
Furthermore the successful candidate will be required to have a Working With Children Check, satisfactory police check and current first aid and CPR certificate. Since travel is part of this role, it would be advantageous if you have a driver's licence and your own transport.
To apply for this exciting position, please leave your details below. For further information please contact Ms Bhumika Joseph in our People and Culture team on 03 9829 9142