Nextt has positions available for multilingual Disability Support Workers for our clients around various suburbs of Geelong.
Nextt is a leading provider of programs and supports for people with autism, cognitive disabilities, mental health and dementia. Our expert team of carers are able to offer comprehensive disability services in NSW, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia. And, with 50 years of care experience, we have become a critical part of the community for many people over many years.
Why Work with Nextt?
- A range of regular work and flexibility
- A supportive and professional team
- Ongoing shifts to match your skills and interests
- A healthy work life balance
- New opportunities and experiences to progress your career
- Excellent pay rates, including penalties and fortnightly pay
- Work with the participants who share your hobbies and interests
Nextt offers variety and choice with shifts that include self-care support, domestic assistance, transport assistance, community access, and respite. Collaboration and a creative approach are encouraged so that participants reach their goals and workers have the opportunity to contribute to the development of programs.
Skill and capacity building is the focus of the work. Some participants just need some support to gain independence and move closer to their dreams. The participant group includes all ages and circumstances so new workers can grow and learn. Some programs support young people transitioning from school to work as well as children and older people on the autism spectrum.
The hours of work vary and include weekday shifts, evening and weekend shifts as well as overnight hours. Penalty rates apply on weekends, Public Holidays and after 8 pm. This is an opportunity to work with other professionals, learn and advance your career.
- A relevant qualification, minimum Cert IV in Disability or Community Access
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Social anxiety, Down syndrome, Autism, Extreme Challenging behaviours, Moderate Challenging behaviours, Mental Health Disorders and Attention Deficit Disorder
- Clear National Police check issued within the last 12 months
- Working with Children Check
- Valid Australian drivers licence and reliable transport
- Passion and commitment to provide services for those with a disability or mental illness
- Mobile phone with internet access
- The right to work in Australia